Thursday, March 12, 2009

Boys Will Be Boys

I don't like using phrases like this too often. Many times it's just a lousy excuse to dismiss misappropriate behavior. But there are other times, when I don't know how else to explain things.

Take our old cell phones for example. We had to recently replace them and the boys asked if they could have them.



Caleb thought he was hot stuff with his. He keeps playing ring tones, but his favorite is taking pictures with it.



Samuel loves talking on the phone and has since he was about 9 months old. So, he was super excited too.


I was having so much fun watching them and their antics.


And then this happened. Which made me roll my eyes. Okay, and laugh. A little bit.



Caleb was recording burps into the phone.


Nice.

And honestly, I was the type of child that would have probably done the same, but I'm not going to admit that. I'm just going to shake my head as a refined mother and say, "Boys will be boys."

Photobucket

4 comments:

jac. said...

Caleb is so funny! You might be able to set one of his burps as a ring tone.

Crystal said...

LOL Yep, sounds like a boy.

I'm stil amazed by the things my boys come up with to entertain themselves, all while the girls and I roll our eyes or gag in disgust.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like my boys! Having both boys and girls I can definitely say that there are times that boys will be boys! No excuses, they are just different!
Toni

Davene said...

Hi, Jo Ann! Is everything OK? You haven't blogged for a while. :)

I just gave you an award on my blog, if you're interested. Do you "do" awards? I wasn't sure, but in any case, I want you to know that I appreciate you and I love to read your thoughts and the happenings of your household! :)