Richie had one request for Father's Day - Easy Eclair Dessert. So what's a girl to do but honor the father of her children and satisfy his tummy and tastebuds.
I got this recipe from a friend several years ago and it is a big favorite in our house. It's very simple and oh-so-yummy! It makes a good sized batch, so it's great for potlucks. It also needs to set, so plan ahead. It won't win any awards for healthiest treat, but it will garner many smiles from your family.
Easy Eclair Dessert
- 2 small boxes Instant Vanilla Pudding (French Vanilla also works)
- 1 large tub Cool Whip
- 3 cups of milk
- 1 box of graham crackers
- 1 can chocolate frosting
- Mix the instant pudding and milk together in a large mixing bowl.
- Fold in the Cool Whip with the pudding mixture.
- Line the bottom of a 9 x 13 pan with whole graham crackers.
- Alternate layers of graham crackers and the pudding mixture until you have two of each.
- Ice a final layer of graham crackers with the chocolate frosting for the top. (Icing the graham crackers individually before laying them on the pudding mixture works well for me. Then I just fill in any spaces with icing.)
- Let set overnight.
I have put it in the freezer to help it set more quickly, but it really tastes best if it has been allowed to set for awhile in the fridge.
So go ahead, give it a try. You'll be glad you did!