Last year I posted a few somethings that happened during summer 2008. So I thought I'd share a few somethings from summer 2009. Makes sense, right?
Maybe not, sense may or may not be something I'm accused of possessing...like when I put a wig on my baby. It still makes me snicker.
Until I think of my baby being compared to George Costanza's mother (Seinfeld).
My summer somethings. Version 2009.
- Something I found - a love for the Waltons tv series, I had never watched it until this summer
- Something I lost - a lot of vegetables in our garden to our abundance of town wildlife
- Something I learned - when Samuel draws on himself it releases an inner tribal instinct, complete with grunting and muscle making
- Something I wish I could forget - seven toys can fit in my toilet drain, it's now a known fact
- Something fun - staying up all night playing board games with my brothers and sisters
- Something not so fun - getting up at the crack of dawn with little ones after playing games all night with my brothers and sisters
- Something I worried about - Samuel's broken arm
- Something that drove me to my knees - the direction of our country
- Something sweet - the flowers and gift already waiting for me at our restaurant table on our anniversary
- Something ugly - my dental bills and the work I still need to have done
- Something I coveted- a Jersey milk cow (and land, still)
- Something scary - when Samuel almost drowned!
- Something that made me happy - my sweet, wonderful babies (all 3)
- Something unexpected - Caleb's unending appetite when it came to reading
- Something I finished - unpacking all the boxes from our kitchen renovation (from last summer)
- Something I tried - cloth diapers and I think we're ready to commit
- Something I made - canned goodies, like pickled peppers, peach jam, pasta sauce...
Goodnight, Jim Bob. Goodnight, Mary Ellen.