Wednesday, September 8, 2010

My Heart Is Smiling

There are homeschooling days when I wonder if we can really do it.  Days of discouragement and frustration.  Even when I know it's best for our family.  That it's what God has called us to do.  There are still those days.

Today, thankfully, was not one of them.  And I needed to write down what my boy said before I forgot, so on those days I can look back and remember.  Or maybe even to remind him in the futture.

We were discussing timelines and historical dating for history today and I had him make a timeline of his life.  We were sharing events that he might want to put on his timeline and I mentioned the date when he began homeschooling.  He heartily agreed and said, "Yes, one of the best things that has ever happened in my life."  My heart began to smile.  

Later as he was filling in the actual timeline, he was brainstorming what to write under the date and said,"The day my future changed for good."  And outside of the day he accepted Jesus as his Lord and Savior, it probably was that kind of a day.    

I cannot explain how much it means to hear him acknowledge the value of this path we're on.  That he enjoys it and is happy. 

Perhaps it would be more appropriate to say my heart is beaming.
 
Photobucket

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you dropped by my blog! I would have missed this post, if you hadn't. Today *is* one of those days for me, but those heart-warming moments do happen from time to time. I can't wait for the next one. :-)