Saturday, July 12, 2008

Abigail's One Month Birthday :)

Look out world - here she comes!

I can hardly believe that it has been one month since Abigail was born! She is doing very well. Gaining weight fine and seems to be pretty content with life. She still seems so small. I forgot how much I enjoy infants! :)

Caleb thinks she still smells like vanilla, but I finally figured out it's the pacifier they gave us at the hospital (pictured above). I'm not sure if I'm going to tell him, because he thinks it's the best thing in the world that she smelled that way. We're still waiting for her umbilical (or as Caleb called it, her "antennical") cord to come off. Update: I had Caleb smell Abigail and smell the pacifier. He says she still smells like vanilla and that it is not the pacifier.

We're still adjusting to having a baby in the house. There are a couple times a day that I envy the octopus and all its arms! I just do the best I can and many things have to wait at this point. I have to admit that I feel pressured, but trying not to let it get to me.

The boys still love to hold her and kiss her. It is so much fun to watch them interact with her. Samuel says, "I get it", when he's reaching for her. He still hasn't tried to call her by her name, it's just baby for now.



Richie "goo-goo and gaa-gaas" over her outfits most days. Last Sunday I put her first ribbon/headband on. I wasn't sure if it looked kind of silly, but he thought it was great! It kept falling off and he made me keep putting it back on her head. :) I suppose that's pretty typical of a daddy.

Abigail laughed in her sleep for the first time two nights ago. It was great! I can't wait until I can hear it every day!! She smiles every now and then (and no, it isn't gas!), but I will be glad when it occurs more often also. The first time she smiled at me was in the hospital right after I had just told her that I was so glad she was finally here.

She is a grunter and squealer just like her brothers were. I love to hear her during the day, it's the nights that I kind of wish there was volume control. :) She is so alert when she's awake, always taking everything in. It will be exciting to see what the next month brings!

3 comments:

Karen said...

love that pic of daddy with his girl...wow...........

*smile*

Karen said...

NOW the question remains...will you deprive Abigail from the cultural experience of the Bridgewater (aka "Bring out the Jerry Springer guests") Lawn party? Your sons are already irreparibly damaged from not being given the opportunity of tattoos, halter tops, tight leather pants, loud worldly music, and cigarette smoke ......all that culture in ONE place and your children have NEVER been....my oh my...i Do need to pray for you...

MAYBE...just MAYBE you will renounce your negligence and begin to be faithful in this pursuit with Abigail...lest she be stunted in her growth......1 month old is a PERFECT age to start.....my husband is going 45 years straight and he started at 11 months....

ok ok...you KNOW I am kidding, right? but I just could NOT resist the nagging.......hahahahaha...

love ya
k

Jo Ann said...

I am considering turning from my wayward ways as a mother and letting Caleb get to experience this outstanding cultural event. It is an incentive for him and his behavior. Although after reading your description, perhaps this is one time I should be hoping he doesn't follow the straight and narrow...:)