Friday, July 18, 2008

Going Solo

I took my first grocery shopping trip with all three kids today by myself and it actually went so smoothly! Lest you think I am patting myself on the back and thinking I'm some kind of miracle mama, let me thank God right now for allowing my first trip to be peaceful!

I pushed the "kid" cart - Samuel in the seat and Abigail in her car seat in the actual basket - and Caleb pushed the "food" cart for me. Okay, so I kept Samuel distracted at first with looking for lollipops in each aisle (which we never even saw somehow) and after that got old, I gave him a snack. But, that normally didn't work when there were only two kids! An hour of pleasant shopping with three pleasant kids...what a gift.

I cannot begin to tell you how thankful I am to have had such a good experience the first time out! It does not make me rush to do it again any time soon, but it will keep me going when I do not have such good trips.

Now, what I didn't think about was how to get said kids settled back at home with lunch and other needs fulfilled, all while unloading groceries and making sure all of it got put away. Yeah well, at least the shopping trip didn't involve any of us crying, right?! :)

0 comments: