Thursday, February 19, 2009

Always Check Your Pockets

Before washing...

and drying.


We've been having some problems with Samuel getting into the washer and dryer. I think we've finally gone a full week without him getting in one, so hopefully he's learned. Thankfully, he never shut the doors, because then I would have probably lost it and entered into my own version of a spin cycle. This child keeps me on my toes. I just keep wondering why I don't lose any weight from all the chasing I do. all. day. long.

Then I'm reminded that my Heavenly Father probably has to pull me out of my very own "washing machine" several times a day too. The sin that I just keep walking back into. The one that I keep insisting of partaking. Yeah, puts a whole new perspective on it for me. May I exercise the same amount of patience and mercy with my own children that God generously measures out to me daily.

Photobucket

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that you have that painting hanging! It made my heart sooooo happy!!!!
I love you!

Crystal said...

He's sooooo cute. I'm glad you got a picture of him in the machine. Great memories. :)

Anonymous said...

It's cool, Samuel. I love warm clothes too:).

Christin said...

as cute as it is, that whole scenerio freaks me out. I'm always telling my girls to STAY out of that room. Especially Raegan. she's the daring one that knows no limits. Limits, what are they?!

I'm thinking when you come over we should keep Samuel and Raegan away from each other. AGreed? ;)

AND!! I didn't know you liked Seven Brides for Seven Brothers! I LOOOVVVVEEEEE that movie. I hear a movie night in the making!

pyrotechny said...

oh yeahhh!

nothing like our kids to give the HS a great object lesson every day...I sometimes wonder HOW God would teach me these lessons if I didn't have children? Especially the ones where I'm begging my children to quit bickering....