Tuesday, February 24, 2009

No More Tears

I know, sounds like a Johnson and Johnson ad. Or a sappy Hallmark movie.

Yet I speak of a silent, round enemy. One that sends me into tears almost immediately when I see it...the onion.



I recently discovered a trick that has eliminated the not so joyful task of cutting onions. I had never heard of it, but it has saved me a lot of pain. The burning, wanna rub my eyes out kind of pain.

Simply keep your onions in your refrigerator. That's it. Honest. No more tears.

I don't keep mine in the refrigerator, but I try to plan ahead and stick one in when I know I will need it in a day or two. I have also read that you can place an onion in your freezer for 5-10 minutes before cutting and you'll yield the same effect, but I personally have not tried this method.

Not crying over split onions totally works for me!


Check out more Works for me Wednesdays at We Are THAT Family...


Photobucket

1 comments:

bridget {bake at 350} said...

Great tip! I found you from WFMW. I'm going to have to try this...before I buy the $20 onion goggles I've been eyeing at Sur La Table. :)